Friday 18 January 2019

Plastic Pram covers and Nosey ladies

Its been a while .. I know ... bite me ...

Speaking of bite me though .... I was on a little mission to Oslo with baby and an American friend in tote. We took the train for the weekend and we had left at 7 am in the morning ... The prospects of a little adventure was bright and exciting in our minds.
On the platform we sat with baby playing with the thick plastic rain cover while lounging in her pram... something she does all the time ... she's at the biting stage, and adults talking excitedly in English about ... well .. pretty much about everything ... It's so good to be able to be completely yourself while you talk in your own language .... We were very engrossed in our conversation and maybe not looking at Baby so much....
In the middle of us laughing and blabbing away came a voice
'You should really keep a better eye on your child'

SCRRREEEEECCCCCCCHHHHHHHH,..... HALT! hold up and stop selectah!

I immediately boiled to the point where I could have said something regretable.
I looked in the direction that the voice came in. There stood a lady of about 50 something looking disgustedly at me and the contents of my pram.
"You should not cover your baby in plastic. Your child can suffocate"

silence

Well I NEVA! ... Well how do you do and who are you? This lady, as we like to say in Trinidad, was being fass and out of place. Who did she think she was ? Critizesing me about my child and the way that I had her in the pram. First thing, the plastic over the pram was a Rain protector that the came with the pram when I recieved it, Second there was a window in the plastic so that air could come in, not to mention it was very lose fitting so air was coming in all the time anyways ... Had it been a boiling hot summer day, I would have put my tail between my legs, but this was a chill September morning.
My annoyance at the brassfaceness of this lady was unfortunatley very apparant on my face and I gave her a very sarcastically polite " thank you" and moved on with our conversation.
On retrospect this is something that I perhaps needed to look into some more and make an informed judgement on it. This I will do.
But meanwhile my pram is absolutely amazing. Baby jogger Elite.

Toodles and layta!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to leave a message!